Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday


Breakfast with friends today and a visit to the quilt shop in town. I am thinking of making some penny table toppers for fall and or Christmas. I can give them as gift. I like to keep a basket of small gift items on hand for secret pal, birthday, or other things that come up when I need a gift for a friend etc.
It makes life a lot easier the waiting until the last minute and then shopping and trying to find something.
This is a picture of one of the dishcloths I made from the KAL. I have a number of them as we did it all last year.
I guess I need to search out a quilt group as I don't seem to have anyone to quilt with these days. The group I belonged to for about 20 of my working years has seem to drift apart. I was always juggling my time between raising kids, working and trying to attend meetings and workshops. Now that I have the time, the group is no longer around. Maybe just a few of us to get together, but not much activity.
I think I will go look through my fabric stash and see what I can come up with for wool or felt scraps. Hope I will have some finished things to show you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment